Susquenita Blackhawk Academy Presentation
Susquenita Blackhawk Academy
TAKING LEARNING BEYOND THE NEST
The Susquenita Blackhawk Academy is an educational program designed to meet the needs of students who want to pursue their education in a non-traditional format. Susquenita is currently a member partner with the CAOLA (Capital Area Online Learning Association) and will be contracting through them for the distance learning program that is competency based and fully aligned with the Pennsylvania Academic Standards. This standards-aligned curriculum requires students to demonstrate their proficiency through tests and exams aligned to the mastery-based lessons.
Each student is assigned a personal advisor through Susquenita to help with counseling course selections and advice for college and high school graduation requirements. A Susquenita team of professionals has been identified to provide registration guidance, placement support, testing support, accurate record keeping and ongoing communication. Students enrolled in the Susquenita Blackhawk Academy are eligible to participate in all district activities. Students who complete the graduation requirements of Susquenita School District through participation in the program will receive a Susquenita School District diploma.
If you are interested in attending the Susquenita Blackhawk Academy, please complete an online application.
After the application is completed, a staff member will contact you. Please continue to send your child to school until a decision is made.
There is an application and enrollment process for our academy that includes a meeting with our cyber team and mandatory orientation.
For more information on the program, view our brochure or read the Susquenita Blackhawk Academy Handbook. You may also contact the elementary school, middle school, or high school office or email Christine Matash at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of Susquenita Blackhawk Academy
- Graduate from Susquenita High School
- High school students are eligible for dual enrollment opportunities and college in the classroom
- High school students are able to attend Cumberland Perry Area Career & Technical Center
- All students are eligible to participate in all district activities
- All students are provided with an iPad
- All students have a Susquenita School District advisor
- All students have the option to be tutored from a Susquenita School District teacher
Students who attend the Susquenita School District Blended Cyber Program will be taking courses through CAOLA (Capital Area Online Learning Association) and courses created by Susquenita High School teachers.
Susquenita School District cyber students who do not have home Internet will be provided a hot spot to be used for student school work. Families will not be charged.
Susquenita School District offers CAOLA students opportunities for tutoring the following ways:
- With your online grader during their office hours. Check with your teacher for availability.
- After school study center at Susquenita High School or Susquentia Middle School.
- One on one tutoring with a Susquenita School District teacher during the school day. Please contact the school's cyber advisor to set this up.