Home Education and Private Tutoring
HOW TO ENROLL
If a family chooses to home educate their child(ren), the family must submit the following to the Superintendent:
- Letter to the Superintendent requesting home education for their child(ren),
- Affidavit (notarized) – indicating age of child at the time of the affidavit completion,
- List of educational objectives being taught for each subject, and
- Immunization record for each child OR a letter claiming religious/philosophical exemption to immunizations.
In order to qualify for home education within the Susquenita School District, the student(s) must be instructed/supervised through a properly qualified tutor or through a parent or legal guardian with a high school diploma or GED. Additionally, no adult living in the home and no person having legal custody of the student(s) can have been convicted within five (5) years of any of the offenses listed in the Affidavit of the Supervisor of Home Education.
- August 1st: All applications and affidavits relative to home schooling and private tutoring must be received by the District on or before August 1st for the upcoming school year.
- Ongoing: For individuals new to home education, or for those who have moved in to the District after August 1st of the current school year, the affidavit must be submitted to the Superintendent prior to the implementation of a home schooling program.
- June 30th: All home-educated students must submit a Home Education Evaluation Form, completed by an approved Evaluator, no later than the close of business on June 30th of every year.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES & INFORMATION
- PA Department of Education Guidance on Home Education and Private Tutoring
- Susquenita SD Affidavit of the Supervisor for 2022-23 School Year
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT
- Mrs. Tracy Troutman
- Community Relations Coordinator
- 1725 Schoolhouse Road, Duncannon, PA 17020
- firstname.lastname@example.org / 717-957-6000, option 5