Attendance in Susquenita Blackhawk Academy will be measured through a combination of a student meeting their pacing goals (completion of assignments) and engagement in synchronous/collaborative learning activities. While teachers are encouraged to monitor student’s daily progress, attendance will be tracked on a weekly basis to allow for flexibility.
To be marked present for each day, students may choose to complete one of the following:
- Attend one synchronous learning session per day
- Come into the building for at least two hours to complete coursework or receive help from a teacher
- Complete an engagement form
- Complete 20% of the assignment total
To be marked present for each week, students can complete a mix of the options above. For instance, if a student completes 60% of assignments, they can choose to complete two engagement forms on two different days; come in the building one day and attend one synchronous learning session; or complete one engagement form and attend one synchronous learning session.
Please know that attendance recording is a PDE requirement of any and all online programs - the same as with face-to-face learning in a brick and mortar setting.
Students will be marked unlawful or unexcused unless a valid excuse is received within 3 school-days. You should email an excuse to your student’s Assistant Principal for days the student is absent.
- High School Assistant Principal - Dillon Page - email@example.com
- Middle School Assistant Principal - Ken Ward - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elementary School Assistant Principal - Mark Fortekla - email@example.com